Five Easy as Mince Pie Christmas Gel Nail Designs
While you are decking the halls with boughs of holly, untangling your Christmas lights and wrestling with the tree, don’t forget the most fun portable holiday decoration of all – falala-fabulous gel nail polish designs. You can be as creative and complicated as you wish of course, but if you are looking for some simple designs that won’t take more time or skill than you have, here are five easy peasy gel nails designs for the festive season.
You can relax and stay in the holiday spirit knowing that no matter how ugly things get with wrapping the presents, decking the halls and cooking up a Christmas feast, shellac style gel nails can take it. Get to work like a busy Christmas elf secure in the knowledge that your gel nail polish will not chip or scratch and you will not be frantically repairing it when guests are arriving.
For all designs, you will need to properly prepare your nails and do a clear base coat before you begin with the gel nail polish colours. Do the two coats background colour as you would for a regular manicure, curing each coat before moving on. For the design colours, do all of the work in one colour and then cure that before going on to the next colour. Remember to finish with a clear top coat! Getting the base and top coats right is the secret to long lasting gel nails.
- Santa Hats (Recommended colours: Christmas Red, White Angel, Deep Jade)Santa’s hat is a simple but iconic symbol of the season, and you can have it on one or all of your nails. Start by applying Deep Jade as your background colour. Next, make a triangle with Christmas Red. It does not have to be straight. If you are doing hats on more than one nail, you can make it jolly by putting the triangles at different angles. When the Christmas Red triangles are cured, simply add the trim along the bottom and the pompom on top with White Angel.
- Christmas Trees (Recommended colours: BLZ Frozen Lawn, Santa Red Dream, Golden Tinsel, Space Silver)Ready to decorate ten little trees? It’s much easier than one big one. Space Silver is a stylish background that will make the tree and its decorations stand out. When the background colour is dry, use BLZ Frozen Lawn to make a triangle on each nail so that the base is toward the tip of the nail. Next, add garlands of Golden Tinsel. When that is cured, add dots of Santa Red Dream as your ornaments.
- Christmas Stars (Recommended colours: Million, Sparkles All the Way, Midnight)
Start this simply elegant design by doing a background coat of Midnight. You can use Million and Sparkles All the Way on alternating nails or pick just one. Create these easy but exquisite Christmas stars by drawing one longer line from the base to the tip but not all the way to either end. Then make a small X about two thirds of the way toward the base from the tip. Behold, a Christmas star sparkling in the midnight sky!
- Snowmen (Recommended colours: White Angel, Christmas Red, Black Pool, Orange, Azure Wish)Azure Wish makes a lovely, sparkly background for snowmen because it will look snowy but the snowmen will stand out against it. When the background is dry, use White Angel to make two larger balls for the snowman’s body and a smaller one on top for his head. When that is cured, use Black Pool for his top hat, eyes and buttons. Christmas Red is perfect for his scarf, and Orange for his carrot nose.
- Candy Cane Stripes (Recommended colours: Christmas Red, White Angel)This is a very busy time of year, and you are dashing you can get a festive look on the fly with this super simple design. White Angel is your base coat, and when it is ready, you simply add diagonal stripes with Christmas Red. Make sure the red stripes are the same width as the white space between them. Could a gel nail design be any easier?!
Whether you are at your leisure in front of the cosy fire or facing a to-do list as long as Santa’s list of good children, you can give yourself glossy, worry free gel nail art to brighten the season even if you are a beginner. Even if you have to wrestle some rambunctious little reindeer or do battle with an unruly string of lights, your gel nails won’t let you down, won’t chip and won’t scratch for a full two weeks. That’s the gift of this amazing nail polish breakthrough. This holiday season you might be worrying if you got the right size Christmas jumper for your dad, if that one aunt will be stirring up rows and if you will ever get everything done on time, but you will not have to worry about your gel nails.
Now aren’t you glad you own a gel nail kit so you could do your own gel nails at home instead of trying to squeeze a visit to the nail salon into your crazy Christmas schedule? Hopefully you still have time to sit down and have a mince pie before you are back to running around.